Call for proposals: WED2021 Poster Design Competition
World Engineering Day for Sustainable Development is celebrated worldwide on 4 March each year since 2020. The day offers an opportunity to highlight engineers and engineering’s achievements in our modern world and improve public understanding of how engineering and technology are central to modern life and sustainable development.
The second World Engineering Day for Sustainable Development (WED2021), with the theme “Engineering for A Healthy Planet- Celebrating the UNESCO Engineering Report”, will focus on celebrating the launch of the second UNESCO Engineering Report “Engineering for Sustainable Development: Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals”.
COVID-19 is ravaging the whole world, while many other sustainable development issues and challenges are still threatening the earth’s health. All mankind is facing severe challenges. Engineering has played an important role in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic and realizing the Sustainable Development Goals and will continue to contribute to protecting our planet’s health. On February 8, 2021, the WED2021 Poster Design Competition has been officially launched, with the theme of “Engineering For A Healthy Planet”.
Theme: Engineering For A Healthy Planet
1. Individual or team with no more than three members
2. One competitor can only submit one proposal
Submission: Submit the proposal to WED supporting team email@example.com with email theme: “Poster Design Competition-competitor’s name-competitor’s email address”. Only digitial format accepted.
Key time points
- Submission Deadline: February 28, 2021
- Jury Rating: March 1 to March 2, 2021
- Winners List Release: March 4, 2021
Specific requirements for making posters: electronic version, resolution not less than 300dpi, common formats such as jpg, ai and psd, color mode RGB/CMYK, A3 size; Hand-painted version, A3 size, which needs to be scanned or photographed and submitted in electronic form, including watercolor, sketch, cartoon and oil painting
- The content is novel, creative and has an international perspective
- The content should be closely related to the theme of “engineering for a healthy planet”
- All works must attached with a brief introduction
- All works must be original, out-of-copyright materials shall not be used, the works materials shall be commercially available, and all legal rights such as copyright and trademark rights of third parties shall not be infringed.Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. The contesters should be responsible for all legal issues concerning copyrights.
- The content of the work shall not involve pornography, violence, religious and racial discrimination, etc., and there shall be no reactionary or illegal content, and no advertisements shall be implanted.
- First prize (one person): certificate and €200 bonus
- Second prizes (three to five people): certificate and bonus of €80
- Third prizes (five to ten people): certificate and bonus of €50
- Excellence Award (several): certificate
Note: For competitors from China, please register through our WeChat account.
Excellent works will possibly appear on WED official website and brochures. There may be vacancies in awards.
1.Participants know and agree that the organizers have the right to publish and display works in various forms, and the works are not refundable.The organizers have the right of the usage and copyright the award-winning works.
2.Participants know and agree that the organizers and contractors have the right to copy, display, report and publicize all the works without paying any fees to the authors.
3.Participants guarantee that:
- The entries are the original works of the contestants. If the organizers or related organizations infringe any third party rights due to the use of the entries, all the responsibilities and losses arising therefrom shall be borne by the contestants.
- Participants have never transferred the rights of any work in any way or allowed any third party to use the work in any form.
4.Bonuses are pre-tax amounts, and relevant taxes and fees are withheld by the organizer according to national tax regulations.
5. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to interpret the competition. If you have any questions, please send an email to WED0304@126.com for consultation.